NINTENDO 3DS @ E3 2014!

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Re: Nintendo 3DS XL & New Super Mario Bros. 2 - OUT NOW!!!!!

Post by guttermouth »

Pointy Cat wrote:Well I guess I'll post some more of my thoughts on NSMB2 to break up this troll and counter trolling a little. Heh.

I must say I now think NSMB2 is the weakest Mario (platform) game in a long time. The core of the game isn't bad, it's fine - it's just stock standard Mario, but it's the least imaginative Mario game I can remember. It brings nothing of value to the series. Add to that the fact that Nintendo managed to mess up something as simple as co-op. That shared screen can be so frustrating.

I really feel like Nintendo phoned it in on this one. The coin aspect of it is just a poor gimmick and the NSMB style is just meh. Also this game doesn't even look good in 3D, all you get is some overly out of focus background (blurred to shit) and nothing of benefit for doing so. NSMB2 is best played in 2D, or really best not played at all unless you're a real sucker for some new games from Nintendo.
Pretty good honest review. Your review seems to be on par with every review I have read do far. The same 5-6 gripes seem to be the norm. Was going to grab a 3ds along with this game, socfar the reviews have yet to sell me...
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

'Professor Layton and the Ruins of an Advanced Civilization' announced for 3DS. First Screen and Trailer -

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-UCpGGbE8Q&feature=plcp[/youtube]
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Brand new rhythm game from Nintendo/GameFreak - 'Rhythm Hunter Harmo Knight'
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

New Footage/Trailers -

Paper Mario: Sticker Star

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6KVPJlHYUc&feature=plcp[/youtube]

Animal Crossing: Jump Out

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NTkaTq5S_M&feature=plcp[/youtube]

Bravely Default: Flying Fairy (Square Enix RPG)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUq_t1nZ ... r_embedded[/youtube]
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Paper Mario yes please.

Any Suikoden games coming to 3DS?
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Jasper wrote:'Professor Layton and the Ruins of an Advanced Civilization' announced for 3DS. First Screen and Trailer -

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-UCpGGbE8Q&feature=plcp[/youtube]
Still waiting for the first 3DS Professor Layton game, you know, the one that launched in Japan last year?
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

Layton games take ages to get translated. They have to change a few of the puzzles due to cultural differences.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Dude, the last one was released on February 26th 2011 in Japan. I dunno about you, but that looks like over 18 months ago. Then you got this new one 'announced', so let's say that comes out at Xmas, guess what? I wouldn't expect that converted to PAL till at least sometime in 2014.

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it. PAL support for Nintendo is shit house. Always has been, always will be. Anyone who wants to defend Nintendo can shove their 3DS up their arse.

In other news, I might look for a second hand copy of Aliens Infestation for the DS instead.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

it took 2 years to get Last Specter from Japan to Australia, so they appear to be on target...

Looks to be October for Miracle Mask.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Exactly. October.

And it's also confirmed to be a simultaneous retail/digital download release for PAL.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

:dancemario:
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Both 'Paper Mario Sticker Star' & 'Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask' are definitely going to be 3DS's must haves for late 2012, but I think people are forgetting about 'Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion' & 'Scribblenauts Unlimited' also out before Christmas.

Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion

Scribblenauts Unlimited

Then early 2013, we have the likes of Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Castlevania: Mirror of Fate, Animal Crossing: Jump Out etc... :up:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

What about Suikoden? I'm paying your wage by buying Nintendo products so do your motherfucking job and inform me.
The Adza
PSN ID: The_Adza

Post by The Adza »

Jasper wrote:Brand new rhythm game from Nintendo/GameFreak - 'Rhythm Hunter Harmo Knight'

This looks really good.
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

the sfx in the mickey game are fucking shocking.

that is all.
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Re: Re: Nintendo 3DS XL & New Super Mario Bros. 2 - OUT NOW!

Post by Hercy »

Twit wrote:I got my 3D XML for $238 at Hobbes & Sons Hardware Shoppe on Main St. It was a clear evening and the chill of late winter was already making its presence felt as I prepared to leave the house. The sky was beginning to darken but I was confident that the proprietor would agree to meet me at this unusual hour after having recently purchased lumber and materials to extend the stables of the estate. Normally I would send my nigger for such errands but I had recently terminated her services after discovering that she had birthed several children to me without consent, and I had yet to acquire another.

Earlier in the day I had received visitation from the widow Duphonte of the neighbouring estate. Following the recent rains she had noted lingering dampness in the wooden window frames of her sitting room and was seeking my assistance with repairs. I suspected that the window frames were only part of her motivation for undertaking the three mile walk between our properties, but decided against having my way with her in respect of the memory of her husband, who had died the week prior.

As I dressed in my heavy leather walking boots and long woollen coat I was suddenly made aware of a foul odour emanating from the study. Upon closer inspection I discovered the source of the revolting scent - my cat appeared to have died at some point in the past month or two. I remembered feeding her once in June, but I was not familiar with the nutritional requirements of such pointless beasts and had regrettably neglected her to death. I decided to leave her in place as I was preparing to purchase a new servant for such duties on the morrow.

After compacting some tobacco for my pipe I took the shotgun from its rack and set forth. I bought the Slut Red model, but decided against purchasing any games as I intend to use it mostly for enticing children.
Any chance of some unboxing impressions?
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent
XBL ID: Twit AU
PSN ID: KAKwit
Steam ID: KAKwit

Post by Twit »

I’m going to post my unboxing impressions using the medium of interpretive dance. Unfortunately it is difficult to express in written format, but I’ll do my best.

Imagine some calming ambient music involving beach sounds punctuated by seagull noises that are too loud and too frequent...

I walk slowly through the curtain to the centre of the stage, waving my arms in a fluid motion reminiscent of willow branches swaying in a gentle breeze. I am wearing a black skin-tight leotard with an oversized mock penis made from green pipe-cleaners. Suddenly I thrust my head forward and open my eyes wide in an expression of retardation and wonderment. Slowly, my retardation turns to poorly feigned joy at the item I pretend is before me, which I express by holding my palms out flat and smiling horribly through thickly applied white makeup.

As I pretend to unwrap the package I begin to urinate on myself and jog quickly up and down on the spot in anticipation. I make a point to spray the audience here to ensure they feel appropriately involved and participatory. As the item (in my imagination) is finally revealed, I suddenly cease all motion and stare at it vacuously.

Intermission. I break character and go outside for a smoke.

Act II. Picking up from where I left off, I’m immediately and expertly back in character and tentatively moving towards my new 3D XML. I remove it from the imaginary box with thumb and forefinger pinched as if daintily carrying a used condom to the bin. This is where the pace picks up! Suddenly the curtains thrust open to reveal Candy and Cletus (each wearing green leotards) beginning to masturbate their oversized mock pipe-cleaner penises - slowly at first, then furiously, then in a massively overemphasised and unrealistic manner. I am still centre stage but graciously permitting attention to focus on them as I stand with my head tilted back and arms outstretched in superstar Jesus pose.

As the wanking reaches the point of injury inducement, hundreds of low level forum members and spam bots burst forth from backstage, each carrying an oversized gold coin. They run through the seated audience, clambering over them, genitalia inappropriately rubbing as they pass.

I collapse dramatically to the floor in the glare of a single spotlight (nobody can see Candy and Cletus anymore – they’re no longer important). I’m clearly strained and breathing heavily but I manage to hold it together as the light slowly fades to black. All that can be seen now in the dark is my oversized mock pipe-cleaner fluorescent penis.

The audience silently moves toward the exit.
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

Oh, I was hoping there would be more included accessories or some coupons.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

I'm crying in a public place. Fuck me Twit that was hilarious.
flipswitch
que
que

Nintendo 3DS XL & New Super Mario Bros. 2 - OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!

Post by flipswitch »

Sounds very similar to ign's unboxing if you ask me.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Sounds like the audience was unimpressed. Were there any refreshments or moist towelettes available afterwards?
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

guttermouth wrote:Was going to grab a 3ds along with this game, socfar the reviews have yet to sell me...
I quite like NSMB2, but Super Mario 3D Land shits on it. If you're even toying with the idea of getting a 3DS to play Mario, SM3DL is the way to go.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I liked SM3DL, my only problem with it was the best stages were unlocked after you completed it with Mario. The levels unlocked should've been the there for the original play through.

Word on the street is that NSMB2 can be completed in a could of hours, also there is a challenge of trying to get 1 Million Coins which unlocks a title screen change.

That is it, that is all, just a title screen because Miyamoto said games should be played for fun, not for achievements or rewards.

Stick with Super Maori 3D, it's quite fun.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

I've completed World 1 in SM3DL and I have to say, I'm not really enjoying it. Later levels might be better but the entire first world doesn't sell it. It's just kind of dull. I also don't find the 3ds that comfortable to hold. It makes running cumbersome. Coupled with 3d not impressing me I'm not enjoying much of it...
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Candy Arse wrote: Any Suikoden games coming to 3DS?
There aren't any future Suikoden games announced for any gaming systems, but there was one released for the DS..........