PSN ID: Grey_AU

Re: THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: A LINK BETWEEN WORLDS 3DS XL BUNDLE

Post by GreyWizzard »

WTF??
The Adza
PSN ID: The_Adza

Post by The Adza »

Tomodachi Life. At last. I think I am going to love this game.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

If you go in to a JB or EB and possibly somewhere else I've forgotten you can ask for a free Pokemon for X or Y. I'm not sure what the promotion is for but noticed Nintendo had sent me an email about it (similar to the free Torchic you could get near release of X/Y), think they're distributing the download token cards up until May 11 or they run out, but then you have until September to actually redeem it. EB were pretty damn cool for once, mentioned I only needed one but gave me a couple just in case, will be able to give one to my brother.
The Adza
PSN ID: The_Adza

Post by The Adza »

No Pokemon Z folks. Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby coming this November. You would think Nintendo would want to milk the franchise some more with a Z version before the remakes with their money woes. Still, I'm done with X, so more than happy to be playing through some newer stuff. Newer older stuff. You know what I mean.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

I pretty much skipped the GBA Pokémon games so I don't mind this news, I've still got plenty of end-game content in X to get through though.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

KIRBY: TRIPLE DELUXE (3DS) - 9.5/10 "BEST 2D PLATFORMER ON 3

Post by Jasper »

KIRBY: TRIPLE DELUXE - OUT NOW! (as a retail release and digital download on the Nintendo 3DS eShop)
EGM: 9/10

Kirby: Triple Deluxe is another fine addition to the long line of stellar handheld games in the series. New powers and well-executed use of the 3DS’ peripheral features added just a bit of freshness to keep this old formula working well, giving the Pink Puffball yet another successful debut on another Nintendo console.

Destructoid: 8/10

Kirby: Triple Deluxe is yet another winning entry in the franchise. It delivers the core Kirby experience alongside of a few very well done extras, which is pretty much everything a fan could ask for. While the Kirby formula could easily be getting stale for some, it still represents a whimsical corner of platforming games that's centered around one central ideal -- fun.

Eurogamer: 8/10

For my money, Kirby's traditional platformers aren't where he's at his best. As one of gaming's most flexible heroes, he shines brightest whenever he's pressed into new forms: I'd class the likes of Power Paintbrush and Mass Attack among his career highlights. And yet as contemporary updates of classic formulas go, Triple Deluxe knocks spots off the insipid, sluggish Yoshi's New Island - it's more generous, more inventive, more alive.

GameSpot: 8/10

It's a gorgeous game, but its levels are also superbly balanced and expertly crafted, while being as imaginative as anything to come from the platforming benchmark that is the Mario series. Not only that, but it feels fresh and exciting. Sure, some of its 3D ideas may have been attempted before, but they've never felt as complete as they do here...Triple Deluxe is an absolute diamond of a game, and cements Kirby's place as nothing less than a bone fide platforming superstar.

Game Informer: 8.5/10

Triple Deluxe does a better job than most Kirby games at retaining a consistent upward slope of challenge throughout. During the last few worlds and final boss, I was surprised to see my lives dwindle, and began to play much more carefully – something I’ve never done in previous Kirby titles. I was excited to embrace this challenge. The game isn’t hard, but I needed to improve my abilities as I made my way to the end boss. This made for a Kirby experience that remained engaging up to the final boss and beyond.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Re: KIRBY: TRIPLE DELUXE - 9.5/10 "BEST 2D PLATFORMER ON 3DS

Post by Jasper »

MARIO GOLF: WORLD TOUR - OUT NOW! (as a retail release and digital download on the Nintendo 3DS eShop)

Tidbits -

- 21 Playable Characters (more characters available via DLC).

- 10 Items (Boomerang Flower, Tornado, Bullet Bill, etc.).

- Over 10 courses (Yoshi Lake, Bowser's Castle, Peach Gardens, etc).

- 500 customisable gear items.

- DLC Packs (Mushroom Pack, Star Pack, Flower Pack).

- Extensive online play (VS., Tournaments - both private and Nintendo hosted), etc.

IGN - 8.6/10:

You don’t have to be a hardcore golf fan to get hooked on Mario Golf: World Tour. It rewards good play, gives plenty to do, and is a great teacher. Its incremental approach to challenge kept me coming back to test myself, and the post-game challenges and multiplayer modes inspired me to play in new ways even after I thought I was a pro.

Destructoid - 8.5/10:

It has been worth the wait, as Mario Golf: World Tour took that next step and brought us an outstanding online golf experience. The learning curve is steep, but working through them is worth it as the online play is outstanding.

Eurogamer - 8/10:

The natural comparison is with Everybody's Golf - which, of course, developer Camelot was responsible for in the first instance. World Tour is more than a match for it in the quality of its courses and the breadth of its options. Both play a great round of golf, because both are founded upon a game mechanic that is the Holy Grail of sports games: easy to learn, difficult to master, reliable enough to empower players while leaving room for the unpredictability of human error. Click, click, click, BOOM.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Those golf physics look off. No buy based on that.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

PROFESSOR LAYTON VS. PHOENIX WRIGHT: ACE ATTORNEY - OUT NOW! (as a retail release and digital download on the Nintendo 3DS eShop)

VideoGamer: 9/10 - http://www.videogamer.com/reviews/profe ... eview.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Eurogamer: 8/10 - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014- ... ney-review" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GameSpot: 8/10 - http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/profess ... 0-6415695/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

POKEMON OMEGA RUBY / POKEMON ALPHA SAPPHIRE - WORLDWIDE SIMULTANEOUS LAUNCH IN NOVEMBER 2014

Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Thread over at NEOGAF....

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=820477" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regular 3DS on it's way out!!! 3DS XL / 2DS ONLY!!!

GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Any news about monster hunter 4?

It better be online and use the classic controller add-on on DS XL. I bought it for that game series. (twice! thanks to the different sized XL release after regular 3DS became obsolete :down: )

Kinda of annoying that this is not going to the Wii U as well. What a stupid decision capcom. I suppose nintendo ran out of money to pay for it to be ported. If sales of Wii U were higher it would have been done I reckon. It's the one game where the tablet comes in handy to look at the other player's stats and gear with one touch of the screen while waiting in the tavern for them to hurry up and start the quest.

sales of MH4 for 3DS have helped capcom survive:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/20 ... the-black/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I reckon they should think about porting to vita now.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

So nintendo fans what did you think of the nintendo tax?

I am thinking of boycotting the use of youtube upload features (ie mario kart) out of principle because what if people wish to do review of a game and nintendo does not like it? If you say "this game has a shit battle mode" and are partner to nintendo with the tax, does that mean they can censor the vid?
nintendo should be paying us to talk about the games imo. Not the other way around.
Anyone else feel we are being taken advantage of? I won't be promoting games since it may harm reputation to reward companies for stealing money from others and not doing any work. The people who upload commentary are no different to those who do book reviews or guides about what to buy or avoid. It's not an ad but an author's thoughts that is where value is sought after, not the footage of the game. They make money from the advice not the game imagery. The thing that is scary is others will follow this example and start ruining the authors who wish to criticise games that are shit by showing the bit that is shit in video form. eg bugs in games like elder scrolls.

I have always been anti censorship, so I am wondering if this means negative commentary on nintendo games will result in certain authors being censored over others. This doesn't sit well with me since I want to see everything in a game and what it has to offer not just the positive bits highlighted by fanboys who act as unofficial ads.
If a game is unbalanced for example, then footage of exploits and glitches should be shown as proof where the game is broken to bring it to the attention to the public. If nintendo claim you can't show where in the game this appears in a video you made, because they own your work and partners with you, it to me means you are being censored, controlled, and stops incentive to be honest about your feelings about a game. You are better off not reviewing nintendo games imo. Just talk without the footage and don't reward nintendo with free money. If everyone did this it would send a message that we are not your bitches. Sure you own characters, ip etc, but not ME the guy who takes time to pick apart your game analyse the quality of the product, and give the audience the truth about its entertainment value.

In the fucked up world they think legally they are right to tax, but morally they are full of shit. If you piss off fans, they will just stop talking about your games because they would be rewarding abuse by creating videos. Recording footage of games you can complete using skill is not stealing your characters. It is simoly people demonstrating thier ability at the games to show off how great thier skill has become. Jesus.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto