NINTENDO 3DS @ E3 2014!

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Cardsy

Nintendo 3DS XL & New Super Mario Bros. 2 - OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!

Post by Cardsy »

What? No future games?
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Re: Nintendo 3DS XL & New Super Mario Bros. 2 - OUT NOW!!!!!

Post by Cletus »

No but there was one made in the past apparently.
flipswitch
que
que

Nintendo 3DS XL & New Super Mario Bros. 2 - OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!

Post by flipswitch »

Which isn't out in PAL territory.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

You mention is like it is a rare thing.

:lol:
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

Cardsy wrote:What? No future games?
Cletus wrote:No but there was one made in the past apparently.
flipswitch wrote:Which isn't out in PAL territory.
t0mby wrote:You mention is like it is a rare thing.

:lol:
Let me try and simplify it for you gals.... :roll:

Konami haven't announced if there are any Suikoden games in development.

There was a Suikoden game for the DS.

It doesn't matter if Suikoden for the DS was available in PAL format or not (it in fact was), because DS games no matter the region format can be played on any DS/3DS (except for some random DSi enhanced games).
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

So region free gaming is the way to go, is that what you're saying Socco?
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

'Paper Mario: Sticker Star' looks fantastic! Brand new gameplay footage -

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0Vo0q8t ... r_embedded[/youtube]
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Official english trailer for 'Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask'. Out next month as both a retail and digital download release!

The cinematics should look splendid on the 3DS XL screens. :up:

Destructoid's hands on impressions -
PAX: Hands-on with Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask

As great as the Professor Layton games are (they are really great!), the last four released on the Nintendo DS have been very similar. While the art direction, puzzle-solving gameplay, and surprisingly emotional stories have been stellar, none of the last games really did anything new and shocking to move the series forward.

With Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask (the series' first entry on the 3DS), things are definitely changing. And, if the demo I got to play at PAX was any indication, these changes are definitely for the better.

If you are familiar with the Professor Layton games, you know how things work. Professor Layton and Luke (as well as some other members of the main party), explore various locations and meet an eclectic cast of some of the best supporting characters to ever grace a videogame in order to solve a series of mysteries. Along the way, the player must help them complete hundreds of progressively more difficult puzzles until all mysteries are complete ... and I am sobbing uncontrollably in front of my Nintendo handheld (seriously, the stories in the Layton games are genuinely heartbreaking!).

With Miracle Mask, things start off on a similar note, but you will quickly realize how much things have changed.

First, and most obvious, is the addition of 3D.

Good news for people nervous about the sloppy use of 3D: the 3D effects in Miracle Mask are beautiful. The classic Professor Layton cinematics come even more to life and are stunning to watch with the added layers and depth the 3D effect creates.

In addition to the cutscenes, the 3D works great in the actual game. After solving a puzzle correctly, when Layton approaches the screen and points at you with a congratulatory exclamation, he is really pointing at you. His finger comes right out of the screen! It is really cool and a nice touch.

The benefits of the 3D are actually evident everywhere in the game.

One major change to the game is the disappearance of static dialogue sequences. Replacing those beautifully rendered images are actual moving, fully polygonal characters. The change was jarring at first, and I kind of missed the old dialogue displays, but once things get going, you will love the new look.

With this new style, everything feels more alive, as the camera can move around and every part of the character animates, as opposed to just their mouths. Also, again, the 3D looks great.

This same style also moves into the actual locations. Instead of static images, the world is fully animated. You can't walk through it like you can in a normal 3D action/adventure game, but, when exploring, the camera moves ever so slightly and makes you feel like you are much more part of the environment ... rather than just looking at a beautiful painting of it from afar.

These exploring sections also have another big change. The tap-tap-tap-tap-tap gameplay is gone! No need to tap everything with the touch screen to find a hot spot or hidden coin. Now, you drag a magnifying glass around the screen, looking for areas where the object "lights up," indicating there is something of note there (whether it be a puzzle, hint coin, or interactive item).

Before you cry foul, this new technique works great. And it looks fantastic! As you slide the magnifying glass along the touch screen, a mirrored version of it appears on the top, 3D screen. The way important text is displayed closer to the screen and small pieces of the environment like rooms in windows are more pushed back in the 3D space is eye-popping and very polished.

The demo was short, but one more difference that stood out was the inclusion of almost action-like sequences. One puzzle in particular wasn't even a puzzle at all! Professor Layton hops on a horse and chases a mysterious character. Instead of this being a traditional puzzle like you would normally see, the camera moved behind Layton as he chased the character through a vibrant village. Players are tasked with controlling Layton's horse to dodge barrels and navigate the maze-like streets. It was an interesting sequence and unlike anything that has been in the series before.

All in all, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask is looking great. As a giant fan of the series, this looks to be shaping into one of the best games yet. It looks beautiful, the 3D is surprisingly effective, and the puzzles are more challenging than ever.

I can't wait to pick up the game when it releases for the Nintendo 3DS on October 28.

http://www.destructoid.com/pax-hands-on ... 4137.phtml
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

t0mby wrote:So region free gaming is the way to go, is that what you're saying Socco?
:lol: zing!
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Ace Attorney 5 Announced!!!

Details:
- new female companion will be introduced
- set one year after the events of Ace Attorney 4
- follow Phoenix Wright's return to being a lawyer
- first chapter involves an explosion at the courthouse
- the person charged is a high school girl named Shinobu
- she's very weak and can go into spasms at any moment
- Wright will face off against Winston Payne's brother
- fully 3D characters
- select to give certain facial expressions during testimony
- Motohide Eshiro is producer, Go Yamazaki as scenario director, and Noriyuki Iwadare on music
- Playable at TGS

Screens:

BTW, Capcom's/Level 5's joint project 'Professor Layton Vs. Ace Attorney' is set for a November 2012 release in Japan, so obviously somewhere in 2013 for us. Trailer for 'Professor Layton Vs. Ace Attorney', for those who haven't seen it.

Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, Ace Attorney 5, Professor Layton and the Legacy of the Great Civilization, Professor Layton Vs. Ace Attorney.....plenty of Layton/Phoenix.....love it! :up:
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Re: 3DS Thread - Ace Attorney 5 Announced (Screens Inside)

Post by GreyWizzard »

I was never really a big Phoenix Wright fan. The first game was okay but a lot of the logic never felt right. Having to do something specific to be able to do something that you could see earlier pisses me off. What was it... Having to fail at something to progress... Why would I ever think I had to fail to get further. It's doesn't feel like the logical choice and nothing seems to suggest that is what you have to do. It happens a lot in AA games and it drags the game down a lot in my eyes.
PhoneMonkey

Post by PhoneMonkey »

Lol @ Ace Attorney v Professor Layton. Using Nintendo's creative philosophy shit and clay should go nicely together too.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Twit wrote:I’m going to post my unboxing impressions using the medium of interpretive dance. Unfortunately it is difficult to express in written format, but I’ll do my best.

Imagine some calming ambient music involving beach sounds punctuated by seagull noises that are too loud and too frequent...

I walk slowly through the curtain to the centre of the stage, waving my arms in a fluid motion reminiscent of willow branches swaying in a gentle breeze. I am wearing a black skin-tight leotard with an oversized mock penis made from green pipe-cleaners. Suddenly I thrust my head forward and open my eyes wide in an expression of retardation and wonderment. Slowly, my retardation turns to poorly feigned joy at the item I pretend is before me, which I express by holding my palms out flat and smiling horribly through thickly applied white makeup.

As I pretend to unwrap the package I begin to urinate on myself and jog quickly up and down on the spot in anticipation. I make a point to spray the audience here to ensure they feel appropriately involved and participatory. As the item (in my imagination) is finally revealed, I suddenly cease all motion and stare at it vacuously.

Intermission. I break character and go outside for a smoke.

Act II. Picking up from where I left off, I’m immediately and expertly back in character and tentatively moving towards my new 3D XML. I remove it from the imaginary box with thumb and forefinger pinched as if daintily carrying a used condom to the bin. This is where the pace picks up! Suddenly the curtains thrust open to reveal Candy and Cletus (each wearing green leotards) beginning to masturbate their oversized mock pipe-cleaner penises - slowly at first, then furiously, then in a massively overemphasised and unrealistic manner. I am still centre stage but graciously permitting attention to focus on them as I stand with my head tilted back and arms outstretched in superstar Jesus pose.

As the wanking reaches the point of injury inducement, hundreds of low level forum members and spam bots burst forth from backstage, each carrying an oversized gold coin. They run through the seated audience, clambering over them, genitalia inappropriately rubbing as they pass.

I collapse dramatically to the floor in the glare of a single spotlight (nobody can see Candy and Cletus anymore – they’re no longer important). I’m clearly strained and breathing heavily but I manage to hold it together as the light slowly fades to black. All that can be seen now in the dark is my oversized mock pipe-cleaner fluorescent penis.

The audience silently moves toward the exit.

I didn't notice this before. Actually it had to be pointed out to me by one of the coin carriers. Nevertheless, this is the finest unboxing I've ever seen. Have you posted the Youtube vid yet?
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

4 player shmup from the creator of ikaruga for the 3ds.
If only it wasn't region locked...
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Went to post that yesterday but my connection kept dropping out and I got the shits with it. Looks awesome, fingers crossed for a euro release. The card element is intriguing, and I love what I've heard of the soundtrack.
GreyWizzard wrote:I was never really a big Phoenix Wright fan. The first game was okay but a lot of the logic never felt right. Having to do something specific to be able to do something that you could see earlier pisses me off. What was it... Having to fail at something to progress... Why would I ever think I had to fail to get further. It's doesn't feel like the logical choice and nothing seems to suggest that is what you have to do. It happens a lot in AA games and it drags the game down a lot in my eyes.
I find this as well. I've enjoyed the ones I've played, but quite often I'll be a step ahead of what the game wants me to be doing. For a series whose gameplay revolves around logic, there's an awful lot of supernatural bullshit on the go too. I don't mind that thematically, but it means you second-guess a lot of things. Apollo Justice seems to avoid a lot of these problems, I've just picked it up again (about halfway through) and there hasn't been anything stupid yet. I'm hoping the Layton crossover will find a nice balance.
Seraph
The only seraph on the internet.
XBL ID: Seraphcon V

Post by Seraph »

The thing with the Ace Attorney series is that it's not really a legal simulation. It's a point and click adventure game, with a legal theme.
I remember losing interest in the series somewhere around the end of the first game or the start of the second, where some legal inaccuracies combined in such a way to "expose" the game as being about clicking the right things to progress the storyline, regardless of logic or accuracy. The supernatural stuff became a lot more prominent around the same time, and that was my cue to leave.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

I'm not expecting l.a. Law the video game here, just logical progression in puzzles... Or a better save system :D
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Nintendo Announces - 'Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Magnagate & The Infinite Labyrinth'

- Transform into a Pokemon at the start of the game.

- Partners are Pikachu, Axew, Tepig, Snivy, Oshawott.

- Uses 3D models.

- Publisher is the Pokemon Company.

- Cofagrigus, Keckleon, Rampardos have shops.

- Use the 3DS camera to move around and discover round objects in your surroundings turn into Magnagates (gates to dungeons) then find yourself in the middle of a dungeon.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Good News............

Monster Hunter 3 for 3DS (which includes cross play with Monster Hunter Ultimate for Wii U) to be released in USA/Europe in March! :up:
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

New screens for Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney

New trailer to be released soon......
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Gamma wrote:I didn't mean to imply you are a 360 apologist, it just seemed apt to make the example the most popular system on these forums. The same can be said for any system. There are people that managed to come out of last generation thinking the PS2 was shit. Go figure.

This started life as a thread about the 3DS. It was a good little go-to to see what the other 3DS owners on the forum were playing, discuss the games and get peoples impressions. Say what you like about Rocco but apart from when he's taking troll-bait and responding to other peoples useless shit, he's generally posting about upcoming games, which I find handy. Now there's more shit posted in here than actual content, making it very hard to find anything of note. I realise that's the general theme of these forums overall, but that's a poor excuse to clutter an otherwise good thread with crap, IMO.
It's because he sounds fake. If he works for nintendo that represents a conflict of interest. I'm not saying there are not other fake people here other than rocco too, lol but you can understand the reason his threads can seem a bit full on. (ie just posting ads of nintendo but never telling his personal feeling about each game.) What happens for instance if a third party company makes a game that is actually superior/more popular to mario and manages to sell more than mario games? (like what sonic the hedghog was to mario in the 16 bit wars - this was back in the day when every company had a platformer mascot title) Will he mention how much better it is or cover it up and pretend the game did'nt exist? Just saying..

Don't trust ads. Don't trust FUD. And never assume Gamesranch is free from biased opinions by members who don't want to admit they might just be a vocal minority. (you can't even praise guild wars 2 for helping evolve the mmo genre without blizzard/acti-tards acting defensively about WoW; since they actually pay for it like Xbox live, without offending someone here. Loads of haters of quality roaming inside here. Half of the idiots hate you just for pointing out bugs in games (these are valid criticisms and not troll posts) which is useful negative information that is helping the real fans of these games to determine if something is worth buying or not :lol: :down:

I like the information, but it is usually very pro-nintendo and focused on sales. This is pretty silly since last time I checked the average joe who buys games cares more about whether a game sucks or not. Not how rich a game company is.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

t0mby wrote:I liked SM3DL, my only problem with it was the best stages were unlocked after you completed it with Mario. The levels unlocked should've been the there for the original play through.

Word on the street is that NSMB2 can be completed in a could of hours, also there is a challenge of trying to get 1 Million Coins which unlocks a title screen change.

That is it, that is all, just a title screen because Miyamoto said games should be played for fun, not for achievements or rewards.

Stick with Super Maori 3D, it's quite fun.
Although this is not a defense of new super mario 2 being more of the same:
Miyamoto knows what gaming is about. Gaming IS about fun and not unlocks. Unlocks are just icing on the cake.
There was a poster on this board who actually got angry at the port of super street fighter 4 on 3ds for having all the costumes and characters readily accessible. I loled because it was a classic attempt to make a positive thing into something negative. But then I think, if the only reason people play things is for gaining a trophy or some kind of status, why are they even playing the game? Why not do something in real life to get real trophies? The reason is because it was never about trophies. People used to buy things because games are about fun. Today's gamers are so weaksauce they want an incentive just for turning the console on. lol
No wonder megaman franchise is dead and sonic has autolock feature.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Candy Arse wrote:What about Suikoden? I'm paying your wage by buying Nintendo products so do your motherfucking job and inform me.
The game is up

rocco = candy arse (stuck-together twins in real life)

Candy buys the games off rocco. Rocco (after not actually playing them) sells them to Candy second hand when rocco needs a new game or shinier new system. Since they are technically the same person, it is like getting it free from yourself. This is why nobody can ban rocco.

No wonder nintendo is going digital. It's to stop candy buying second hand mario games which hurts the *"brand new" sales of mario titles.

*ebgames opens them (no manufacturer seal) so they are all used really
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

First look at recently announced Pokémon Mystery Dungeon

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9toyo8_I ... r_embedded#![/youtube]
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Received Super Mario 3D Land today - seems fantastic!!!! 1000x better than NSMB2.