NINTENDO 3DS @ E3 2014!

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Re: Nintendo 3DS XL & New Super Mario Bros. 2 - OUT NOW!!!!!

Post by Jasper »

Why Not? :?

Ubisoft have already repeatedly reiterated to the media the game is exclusive to Wii U. They have even gone as far as advertising it as exclusive to Wii U.

Don’t forget Rayman Origins was a complete sales disaster on PS3/360. It flopped big time. Ubisoft knows it’s not like they are going to be missing a ton of sales by releasing it on PS3/360, so why waste a truckload of money developing and releasing the game on a system in which the game isn't going to sell?

Not to mention Rayman Legends uses the Wii U’s GamePad touchscreen extensively. Ubisoft probably knows they have a better change of a sales hit making this a Wii U exclusive launch title (though I don’t know why, considering New Super Mario Bros. U is sure to be the more popular platformer amongst early adopters of Wii U).

As it stands, Ubisoft has numerous times stated Rayman Legends is exclusive to Wii U, and all that matters is their opinion, not yours. :D
Cardsy

Nintendo 3DS XL & New Super Mario Bros. 2 - OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!

Post by Cardsy »

So why did you pimp Rayman Origins on 3DS to Adza you nutjob! :lol:
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Huh? :?

So what if Rayman Origins 3DS is not the best version?

You lot have spent approximately seven fucking years paying a higher RRP to play downgraded versions of PC games, on your red ring of death piece of garbage 360’s (and most of you are so stupid, you went out and purchased a 2nd RoD 360 and a 3rd RoD 360). :redface:

Instead of saving hundreds, if not thousands of dollars on rubbish hardware, and paying less money to play the superior version of games on the same PC you are typing on, you clowns chose & continue to choose otherwise.

Like I have said before, xbots are merely PC gamers gone retarded.

And the sad thing is, nothing will change next generation. Xbox Next will again mostly consist of downgraded versions of PC games, and you lot will be there day 1 paying more money to play the inferior versions. :lol:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Jasper wrote:Huh? :?

You lot have spent approximately seven fucking years paying a higher RRP to play downgraded versions of PC games, on your red ring of death piece of garbage 360’s (and most of you are so stupid, you went out and purchased a 2nd RoD 360 and a 3rd RoD 360). :redface:

Instead of saving hundreds, if not thousands of dollars on rubbish hardware, and paying less money to play the superior version of games on the same PC you are typing on, you clowns chose & continue to choose otherwise.

Like I have said before, xbots are merely PC gamers gone retarded.

And the sad thing is, nothing will change next generation. Xbox Next will again mostly consist of downgraded versions of PC games, and you lot will be there day 1 paying more money to play the inferior versions. :lol:
Isn't this the same as buying a 3DS, then selling it to fund a 3DS XL while claiming you've saved money?
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Rocco, the master of playing inferior versions, he should know!

You yourself usually say you'll buy the PC version for multiplatform games. :lol:

Yeah guys, come on, you could've saved hundreds, nigh, thousands if you owned a Wii because there is fuck all on that so you'd only be buying 2-3 titles per year instead of 12+ per year on your HD machine!

PS Rocco, Rayman Origins is only $30 for the superior console version!

:lol: :arsekick: :lol:

Rayman Legends will be coming to other platforms, but it's Ubisofts job to not say anything during its 'Timed Exclusive' phase. Look at your other precious exclusives 'House of the Dead Overkill' (Awesome game!), Dead Space Extraction (Even awesomer in HD!), No More Heroes and much much more!
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

I know you only post in this thread to shit-stir, but there are plenty of great Wii games. Pretending there aren't at this point in the generation is daft. They may not be to your liking but as soon as you let that come into the equation, it's easy to demonstrate that any console only has 2-3 games a year worth picking up. Try getting excited about the lineup on the 360 if you don't play racers and aren't particularly enthralled by shooting things all the time. Exclusives goneburger.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Gamma wrote:I know you only post in this thread to shit-stir, but there are plenty of great Wii games. Pretending there aren't at this point in the generation is daft. They may not be to your liking but as soon as you let that come into the equation, it's easy to demonstrate that any console only has 2-3 games a year worth picking up. Try getting excited about the lineup on the 360 if you don't play racers and aren't particularly enthralled by shooting things all the time. Exclusives goneburger.
I haven't bought a new 360 game since Gears 3 last year and you can see by my gamercard I haven't played the 360 since late June.

I don't know why you think this thread is anything but a shit stir, look at Roccos posts time and time again. :P
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

I didn't mean to imply you are a 360 apologist, it just seemed apt to make the example the most popular system on these forums. The same can be said for any system. There are people that managed to come out of last generation thinking the PS2 was shit. Go figure.

This started life as a thread about the 3DS. It was a good little go-to to see what the other 3DS owners on the forum were playing, discuss the games and get peoples impressions. Say what you like about Rocco but apart from when he's taking troll-bait and responding to other peoples useless shit, he's generally posting about upcoming games, which I find handy. Now there's more shit posted in here than actual content, making it very hard to find anything of note. I realise that's the general theme of these forums overall, but that's a poor excuse to clutter an otherwise good thread with crap, IMO.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

t0mby wrote:Rocco, the master of playing inferior versions, he should know!

You yourself usually say you'll buy the PC version for multiplatform games. :lol:

Yeah guys, come on, you could've saved hundreds, nigh, thousands if you owned a Wii because there is fuck all on that so you'd only be buying 2-3 titles per year instead of 12+ per year on your HD machine!

PS Rocco, Rayman Origins is only $30 for the superior console version!

:lol: :arsekick: :lol:

Rayman Legends will be coming to other platforms, but it's Ubisofts job to not say anything during its 'Timed Exclusive' phase. Look at your other precious exclusives 'House of the Dead Overkill' (Awesome game!), Dead Space Extraction (Even awesomer in HD!), No More Heroes and much much more!

Actually I hardly play multiplatform games. Nintendo's my john, and i'm Nintendo's whore (except I pay Nintendo). :keke:

Super Mario Galaxy alone (rated best game of the last two gaming generations - 2nd best rated game of the last two gaming generations is Super Mario Galaxy 2) makes the Wii a must have.

As for Rayman Legends, keep hoping, wishing and praying Ubisoft releases it on 360 and PS3, even though they have stated the game is Wii U exclusive over and over again.

I don't have to hope or wish or pray. I know it's going to be sitting on a shelf right beside games like New Super Mario Bros. U, Nintendo Land, Zombi U etc.. on Wii U launch day.

Finally, where's your Vita thread? Oh that's right, somewhere at the bottom of one of the older forum pages. Vita is as popular here at Games Ranch, as it is everywhere else in the world.

Poor Sony! Only 2.2 million Vita's sold to retailers globally, whilst over 20 million 3DS's have been sold globally to actual customers! :cry:
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Who rated super Mario galaxy1/2 best game of the generation?
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Why GameRankings of course...

http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html

'Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time' on Nintendo 64 still of course rated the best game in history! :up:

Bless Nintendo :)
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Just so we all know, Metacritic has GTA4 higher than Mario Galaxy and Galaxy 2.

Hope this helps.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Bu... bu.... bu.... GTA4 isn't on a Nintendo platform!
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Candy Arse wrote:Just so we all know, Metacritic has GTA4 higher than Mario Galaxy and Galaxy 2.

Hope this helps.
You are no longer on my radar.

Nintendo has now taken your money.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Now? You seem to forget the Wii is the first Nintendo platform I haven't owned. I'm a bigger Nintendo fan than you are - I play the games and don't sell the hardware.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Twit wrote:I got my 3D XML for $238 at Hobbes & Sons Hardware Shoppe on Main St. It was a clear evening and the chill of late winter was already making its presence felt as I prepared to leave the house. The sky was beginning to darken but I was confident that the proprietor would agree to meet me at this unusual hour after having recently purchased lumber and materials to extend the stables of the estate. Normally I would send my nigger for such errands but I had recently terminated her services after discovering that she had birthed several children to me without consent, and I had yet to acquire another.

Earlier in the day I had received visitation from the widow Duphonte of the neighbouring estate. Following the recent rains she had noted lingering dampness in the wooden window frames of her sitting room and was seeking my assistance with repairs. I suspected that the window frames were only part of her motivation for undertaking the three mile walk between our properties, but decided against having my way with her in respect of the memory of her husband, who had died the week prior.

As I dressed in my heavy leather walking boots and long woollen coat I was suddenly made aware of a foul odour emanating from the study. Upon closer inspection I discovered the source of the revolting scent - my cat appeared to have died at some point in the past month or two. I remembered feeding her once in June, but I was not familiar with the nutritional requirements of such pointless beasts and had regrettably neglected her to death. I decided to leave her in place as I was preparing to purchase a new servant for such duties on the morrow.

After compacting some tobacco for my pipe I took the shotgun from its rack and set forth. I bought the Slut Red model, but decided against purchasing any games as I intend to use it mostly for enticing children.

Ten Ranch Points awarded
MiNiStRy
Occasionally Overlooks Gravity.
XBL ID: MiNiStRyS
PSN ID: MiNiStRy
Steam ID: MiNiStRyS

Post by MiNiStRy »

Candy Arse wrote:I'm going to get rid of NSMB2 once I've finished it. What a jaded game it is.
I'll take it off your hands as the kids would like it, let me know how much you want for it.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

No problem.
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

I've heard that it's not as good as GTA4.
t0mby
Cheats

Re: 3DS XL Available Thursday (New Super Mario Bros 2 Out No

Post by t0mby »

Jasper wrote:
New Super Mario Bros. 2 was the best-selling individual game of last week and Sleeping Dogs the number one multiformat title, as Sega’s London 2012 finally let go of its grip on the sales charts.

UK individual formats chart – 18 August

1 (-) New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)
2 (-) Sleeping Dogs (360)
3 (-) Sleeping Dogs (PS3)

4 (1) London 2012: The Official Video Game Of The Olympic Games (360)
5 (2) London 2012: The Official Video Game Of The Olympic Games (PS3)

Round 2 (Week 2) GO!

This week UK charts

01 (02) 360 Sleeping Dogs (Square Enix Europe)
02 (01) 3DS New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Nintendo)
03 (__) 360 Darksiders Ii (Thq)
04 (03) PS3 Sleeping Dogs (Square Enix Europe)
05 (__) PS3 Darksiders Ii (Thq)

Whoops. :nana:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Good job Microsoft. :up:

360's killer app of 2012 (a gaming system released 7 years ago, therefore 7 years of a customer-base of 360 owners) was able to in it's second week (after failing in it's first week) to outsell 3DS's killer app of 2012 (a gaming system released only last year, therefore less than 2 years of a customer-base of 3DS owners).

NSMB2 in Japan alone has already sold over a million copies in just 3 measly weeks. And unlike Sleeping Dogs that will disappear of the charts shortly, NSMB2 will go on to sell probably over 20 million copies because it's a game with legs (just like NSMB DS and NSMB Wii....both which have sold almost 30 million copies globally each). MS/Sony have wet dreams of having even a single game that can sell half as well as NSMB DS or NSMB Wii.

You're such a clown! Don't you have a dead Vita thread rotting at the bottom of one of the older forum pages, to bump back onto the first page? :redface:
Pointy Cat
What Amazing!
What Amazing!

Post by Pointy Cat »

Well I guess I'll post some more of my thoughts on NSMB2 to break up this troll and counter trolling a little. Heh.

I must say I now think NSMB2 is the weakest Mario (platform) game in a long time. The core of the game isn't bad, it's fine - it's just stock standard Mario, but it's the least imaginative Mario game I can remember. It brings nothing of value to the series. Add to that the fact that Nintendo managed to mess up something as simple as co-op. That shared screen can be so frustrating.

I really feel like Nintendo phoned it in on this one. The coin aspect of it is just a poor gimmick and the NSMB style is just meh. Also this game doesn't even look good in 3D, all you get is some overly out of focus background (blurred to shit) and nothing of benefit for doing so. NSMB2 is best played in 2D, or really best not played at all unless you're a real sucker for some new games from Nintendo.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

It doesn't get more unbiased than that.A genuine gamer.Nothing else.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

He's right. The whole thing feels really jaded and phoned-in. A far far cry from the heights of Super Mario World.
emptyvessel
XBL ID: emptyvessel79
PSN ID: emptyvessel79
Steam ID: emptyvessel

Nintendo 3DS XL & New Super Mario Bros. 2 - OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!

Post by emptyvessel »

Yeah, I agree with the consensus here on NSMB2. It's a Mario game, so it's perfectly playable and fun, but it's so bloody uninspired.

If you like 2D platformers, then it's worth playing. If you're after some 2D Mario genius, then fire up the SNES because the NSMB series (both console and handheld) doesn't hold a candle to that era.